Position:Chief Social Worker
Department: Health and Social Development
Salary:R314 256 – R407 916 per annum (plus benefits)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (NQF Level 7)
- Current registration with South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Computer Literacy
- 3 -5 years’ experience within the local government setting
- Manage sub-regional staff, facilities and implementation of programmes and resource utilisation
- Supervise the Social Workers to ensure the execution of comprehensive social work services to the communities
- Coordinate comprehensive social work services
- Report to the MMC service delivery meetings
- Facilitate the planning of programme implementation with the task teams
- Oversee the development and implementation of the business in line with SDBIP targets
- Advise on constitutional, legislative, Social Development strategy, SOPS and Policy issues
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- Postal Address: PO Box 15, Brakpan 1540
- Enquiries: 011 999-7785/7883/7840/7845/7743/8170/7789
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.