Reference Number: FINA6029
Position: Senior Manager: Budget Administration
Division: Budget & Management Accounting
Salary: R578 640 – R793 812 per annum (plus benefits)
- BCom Financial Management or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- MFMA certification will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Develop, plan, implement and drive a financial services development strategy in alignment with the organisational finance strategy
- Apply developed policy and practices through effective process design and via appropriate delivery systems and provide feedback re effectiveness
- Direct, control and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives, monitor results and make adjustments where necessary
- Prepare and delivery monthly and quarterly reports as per developed set standards and requirements, legislation and regulations
- Ensure alignment of functional delivery between finance practice design, efficient and effective process delivery and technology
- Determine the finance value chain, ensuring alignment, integration with and optimisation of all affected value chains and business processes
- Ensure effective implementation of Council resolutions with regard to risk
- Monitor and enforce effective financial control, corporate governance and financial compliance
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532
Please attach CV to the online application once completed.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/02/05