Reference Number: CPLA6524
Position: Town and Regional Planner
Department: City Planning
Division: City Planning Operations / Municipal Planning Tribunal
Salary: R320 064 – R439 080 per annum (plus benefits)
- B Degree in Town and Regional Planning, or Diploma in Town and Regional Planning
- SACPLAN registration
- A valid Code B driver’s license
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal communication skills
- 2 years relevant experience
- Evaluate and recommend all applications received for consideration by the Municipal Planning Tribunal, in order to facilitate new development and amended land use rights
- Evaluate all applications received to ensure they comply with the town planning scheme, as well as the Municipality’s various by-laws and policies
- Update current and facilitate new policies, as well as compile statistics and reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure accurate interpretation and application of planning legislation, in order to ensure compliance
- Liaison with Councillors, members, professionals, specialists, general public, complainants, relevant government Departments and technical Departments, in order to ensure input from all relevant stakeholders
- Implement the MSDF, RSDFs and LSDFs when evaluating development applications in order to achieve the spatial vision of the City
- Conduct site inspections, identifying the physical features of a particular site, in order to enable objective decision-making and ensure compliance with the envisaged spatial form
- Formulate recommendations and resolutions in accordance with legislation as well as the Municipal Planning Tribunal and Municipal Appeals by-laws, regulations etc.
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2017/10/13