Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Welding Foreman for Kusile Site reporting to the Senior Welding Supervisor. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- The appointed candidate must have at least 3 -5 years in a supervisory role in boiler pressure parts. Another advantage would be to have previous experience in this type of position on a similar project.
- The appointed candidate must have at least 10 years experience as a welder in similar project.
- Must be able to read erection/construction drawing fluently.
- Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIP’s and quality procedures.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A recognized trade in the field of Welding or competence certificate with at least 3 years’ experience with in the field or 5 years’ experience without a trade.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The effective planning, organization and control of your work area.
Key Performance IndIcators:
- The effective planning, organization and control of your work area
- Team and task effectiveness in relation to production.
- To ensure the required output deliverables as per the production plan
- You are responsible for the pre planning of production, schedules and drawings. (refer to supervisor)
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your crew has the necessary materials and equipment required to complete the job.
- To identify, and where possible, remove or resolve any hurdles that may impact on your teams ability to complete the task set for the day/week.
- Allocating your crews correctly to ensure the task is completed in the required time.
- You are responsible for obtaining the necessary drawings for the task ahead and should have planned the task the day prior to commencing the task.
- You are responsible for having a daily and weekly plan in place of tasks allocated to you and your crew, in order to ensure that you and your crew understand the task at hand and the task that will follow.
- The planning and necessary set up for the following day’s task should be completed and discussed with your crew the day before to ensure they are able to start the day efficiently in an organized manner.
- Planning your tasks and crews activities in such a way that it minimizes time and material wastage.
- Attend all necessary planning /production meetings as required of you.
- Ensure welding controls are strictly adhered to.ect, consumables and hotboxes
- Ensure correct welding consumables are issued to the relevant WPS.
- Interpret weld maps to ensure weld maps are adhered to.
- Ensure weld matrix are kept up to date and NDT requests are done timeously, closely liaise with QC dept to ensure NDT are up to date.
- You are responsible for organizing your crew according to the tasks given to you and to ensure your organization allows you to meet the time frames available for completion of the job.
- Discuss the task for the next day with your supervisor, obtain the necessary documents/drawings and information to allow you to complete your tasks.
- Organizing and finalize all the necessary plant and equipment such as cranes, scaffolding, machinery, tools that are required for your crew to complete the job successfully.
- Setting specific areas of responsibility, targets, time lines and task deadlines with your crew/s to ensure full understanding of what is required of them.
- To manage and control your crews in relation to the sequence, method and pace required for the task to be completed
- To ensure you and your crew work according to all safety specifications requirements and rules.
- Managing the time and attendance of your crews and to keep accurate records.
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Be willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations
Apply here online