5 Things You Should Know About Sindi Dlathu’s New Role On The River. Millions of South African viewers loved Sindi for her Thandaza Mokoena character in Muvhango. She shocked many when she revealed she was leaving the show after 20 years of playing Thandaza. Sindi is now part of a series that is spearheaded by a formidable cast made up of seasoned actors Hlomla Dandala, Don Mlangeni, Moshidi Motshegwa, and newcomer Larona Moagi among others. Award-winning scriptwriter Phathu Makwarela has penned the story line.
Check facts on Sindi’s new character below;
- Sindi Dlathu plays Lindiwe Dlamini, the lead role in this new local mining drama. She is a ruthless matriarch of a mining family.
- Lindiwe is an enigmatic businesswoman who has sacrificed a great deal to become a success and will let nothing stand in her way.
- Fans will be blown away by her vicious and “love to hate her” new evil on-screen persona. Desperate to unearth the diamonds, she is as quick to put bodies into the ground if she finds it fit.
- Lindiwe is a polished and astute mining magnate whose stilettos have squashed anyone who dared stand in the way of her wealth.
- She is married to Zweli played by Hlomla Dandala and together complete the picture-perfect power couple that’s revered and reviled in equal measure.