Closing Date: 02 October 2017
Sibanye is offering study opportunities at the following Universities in 2017/ 2018: University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria and North West University. A limited number of positions are being offered to local community and labour sending areas for a full time study and opportunity in line with Sibanye’s business needs in the following disciplines:
- BSc Mining Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Geology
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- South African citizens and under or turning the age of 21 during their first year of study (applicants for first year of undergraduate study) and under or turning (or have been under the age of, or turned) the age of 23 during their second year of study (applicants for second and subsequent years of undergraduate study)
- Studying or intention to study full-time towards a degree at a recognized South African university that is acceptable to Sibanye-Stillwater
- Ability to provide proof of their academic results for grade 11 and progress in grade 12 or alternatively be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with acceptable symbols or tertiary results
- Intention to study for a bachelor’s degree full-time commencing in the year after the application is made
- Acceptance by the university for the degree course as recorded on the bursary application form
- Application will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed Application Form, Proof of residence, CV and certified copies of ID and Qualifications to Sibanye Academy.
- Application Forms may be obtained from the Sibanye Academy as well as from the Intranet.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
- Final allocation is dependent on application obtaining an acceptance letter from the University.
How To Apply
Interested parties should submit an application form and recent certified supporting documents to:
Attention: Sizakele Mbeje (Driefontein Operations)
Fax: 086 5549 629
Phone: 011 752 1145