A vacancy exists for an HWSETA Basic Level Pharmacist Assistant Learner, based at Life Queenstown Private Hospital. The successful candidate will be offered a HWSETA grant that will cover the course fee and stipend while in employ for a 12 month period at Life Queenstown Private Hospital Pharmacy.
- Supplying of medication to the wards and theatre on requisitions and assist with management of all pharmaceuticals within the hospital under supervision of a pharmacist
- Controlling inventory (ethical and surgical). Ordering stock as per LHC protocol.
- Assisting in aggressively managing dead stock in the hospital.
- Ensuring that the security protocols are adhered to.
- Maintaining highly ethical and professional standards.
- Stock-take, cycle counts and investigation of variances
- Unpacking ethical and surgical stock, checking expiries and invoices
- Work allocated shifts over weekends and public holidays
- Grade 12 with mathematics
- Good organizational skills are essential, as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure as part of a team, excellent communication skills and precise and meticulous work.
- Service-orientated personality
- Availability – immediate
- Computer literacy will be an advantage.
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV to email@example.com by close of business on 19 January 2017.