Closing Date: 13 January 2017
Location: New Vaal Colliery, Free State
Ref No: NV122/16GS
Disciplines you can apply for:
- Auto Electrician
- Diesel Mechanic
- Boilermaker (Plater)
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Pure Maths and Physical Science (Not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) or:
- N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e:
|Electrician:||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.|
|Auto Electrician:||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Motor Electrical Theory/Electrical Trade Theory.|
|Fitter:||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory.|
|Diesel Mechanic:||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel or Motor Trade Theory.|
|Boilermaker (Plater):||Maths , Engineering Science, Plater Theory, Plating and Structural Steel Drawings.|
|Rigger:||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings, Rigger Trade Theory.|
- Minimum Symbol E (40%).
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be advantageous.
- Certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license and ID Document must be attached to all applications.
- Please indicate which trade you are applying for.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
The Company offers:
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities.
- A culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- People focused values across the organization.
- Successful incumbents will be offered a highly competitive, flexible remuneration package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license & ID Document to the HR Offices (Not more than 3 Months Certification). Please indicate the trade you are applying for.
Please note that if you are an employee of New Vaal Colliery the onus is on you to ensure that your Supervisor / Manager are aware of your intent to apply as per normal procedure and good practice.