Department: Waste Management
Salary:R 87 372 – R 103 140 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 10
- Relevant experience
- Collect and remove refuse from residential, business and industrial premises
- Place and remove litter bins and change the refuse bags
- Physically clean litter on sidewalks, street and public parking areas
- Operate the lifting and compaction controls of vehicles
- Hook and empty 240 and 851 litre containers
- Clean spillage of refuse during collection
- Report defects on compaction unit of vehicles to driver
- Clean and grease vehicles
- Remove animal carcasses from roads, houses and vets
- Ensure compliance with OHSA
Applications must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- Postal Address: PO Box 15, Brakpan 1540
- Enquiries: 011 999-7785/7771/7840/7845/7743/8170/7789
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.