Division:Operations and Specialised Services
- Be in possession of a valid Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Valid driver’s license (manual transmission)
- Have no criminal record
- Be Proficient in English
- Be healthy, physically and mentally fit (provide medical certificate as proof )
- Be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
- Be a South African Citizen, residing in Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council area (attach any proof of residence)
- Physical fitness
- Driver evaluation
- Competency assessment
- Medical assessment
- Fingerprints and qualifications will be verified.
Trainees will be subjected to the terms of the training contract; Trainees undergo training in the following aspects:
- National Road Traffic Act & Regulations, Legal Subjects, SAPS Act, By-laws, Domestic Violence Act, Social Crime Prevention Act, Firearm Training
- Must be willing to undergo intense training including after hours without compensation
Applications must be hand delivered for recording purposes to ONE of the following Human Resource Offices:
CV’s must be submitted open (no envelopes)
NO APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE ACCEPTED IF DELIVERED ANYWHERE ELSE
- Kempton Park Civic Centre, Corner Pretoria Road and CR Swart Drive, Main Entrance
- Enquiries: 011 999 3611/3619/3608/3612/3615/3616/1742
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- August Simmer Building, Ground Floor, 88 President Street, Germiston
- 52 Woburn Avenue, Bensan Building, Benoni
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license, medical certificate and proof of residence, are not attached to the application / CV.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.